Monday, February 28, 2011

Being a Book Buddy!

Ok.. For those of you thinking what it is... Lemme explain.Every Monday lunch break I got to nearby school to read with Grade 2 and 3 students to improve their reading skills. This is part of the voluntary work that I do.
I have been doing this for the last 2.5 yrs .However because of my carzy work schedules( read meetings..) I havent been regular of late.. which means i dont get to meet the kids Sincere and Joshua regularly...(they are the kids I read with)....
 So today as always Joshua was gettin ready to get on my nerves.. showing lack of interest.. playing tantrums on how he dint like the book he was reading.. on how he had problems breathing... so there I am rolling my eyes and telling him to finish up reading....and he is trying to digest this fact that he doesnt have an option besides that...well anyways.. so there we are finishing up reading.. turtles, making sentences with new words.. playing one min games with ":au nd aw" words.... Per ritual they get stickers for finishing the task.....
           When i was heading out from the room... Joshua was standing behind the door... i asked him why he was standing there... he said " I want to tell you something... " I said "yes sure" ..he said " you will come next week rite.. that means after 4 days i will see you again rite..." I saw the anxiousness in him and then i realised an important thing.. when someone is used to you.... no matter what.. they will always somewhere miss you.!!!!
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment